Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood #6) by J.R. Ward


Summary:
In this "frighteningly addictive" paranormal romance sage there's a war raging between vampires and their slayers. Here are the stories of a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. And now a dutiful twin must choose between two lives...

Fiercely loyal to the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Phury has sacrificed himself for the good of the race, becoming the male responsible for keeping the Brotherhood's bloodlines alive. As Primale of the Chosen, he is obligated to father the sons and daughters who will ensure that the traditions of the race survive, and that there are warriors to fight those who want all vampires extinguished.

As his first mate, the Chosen Cormia wants to win not only his body, but his heart for herself. She is drawn to the noble responsibility behind the emotionally scarred male. But Phury has never allowed himself to know pleasure or joy. As the war with the Lessening Society grows grim, tragedy looms over the Brotherhood's mansion, and Phury must decide between duty and love....

Summary taken from Goodreads.com

I really owe a great debt of thanks to the people who first recommended this dark, sexy paranormal series to me last year and I owe a great debt of thanks o my Secret Santa who gave me the first book for Christmas last year.

As you can probably tell I love me some BDB (Black Dagger Brotherhood)! I read this one in a couple of days (I've been studying for exams this past week that's why it took so long to read). I actually liked his book in the series more than I thought I would.

Several people have told me that this is the weakest novel in the series but I honestly don't share that opinion. That is the great thing about reading everyone has different tastes and nobody is ever wrong. More things should be like that actually.

I really enjoyed Phury's story and I really liked his love interest Cormia she's so sweet and kind. It's nice to have a strong female who is also kind and soft as well. This book in the series was filled with all the things that I was craving in a book at the time. It had angst, longing, violence, and hot sex. (What just because I don't primarily review  Paranormal Romances it doesn't mean I'm a prude...far from it actually). I also loved that there were a few interesting surprises in it in terms of plot and where the series is going. Plus it had more of John Matthew (one of my favourite characters). So I really have no complaints.

I feel like this book is a turning point in the series and that given the amount of detail and plots in the book that the next one will be even better (even though this one was great!) Sometimes with the Brothers in the series with them being so macho it can get a bit tiring so having Phury who is the kindest, most selfless brother having his own novel was a great change for that and I hope to see a lot more of him and Cormia in the following books.

I highly recommend this book and the series to everyone who loves Paranormal Romances and Alpha Male leads :)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm looking forward to this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh..i so have to start reading this series..great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    Behance.net
    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!