Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Finishing of Lady Amelia, Prequel to Betrayals of the Heart (Sisters of the Heart Series) by Scarlett Rains



The Finishing of Lady Amelia, Prequel to Betrayals of the Heart (Sisters of the Heart Series)

Summary:
Lady Amelia Fitzailwyn knows everything about everything... she certainly does not require Finishing School! If John and Alex had not tattled on her, she would still be home! It was fine for them to chase every skirt in the Kingdom but she has one kiss ...or two, and Uncle carts her off! Day one of her banishment, at Madame de Rigeur's Young Ladies Finishing Academie, is dismal. Her roommate is insular, Clarissa is cruel...and that spotty girl's rash is probably contagious! Then, she meets Monsieur Pelfrie, the handsomest man she has ever seen, and Amelia decides it might just be possible to endure the two long years away from home.

Enjoy this delightful tale of mischief and mayhem as a sheltered young woman comes of age in Georgian England. Includes excerpts from Scarlett Rains’ captivating Sisters of the Heart series!
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 146 pages (e-book)
Source: Review Copy provided by the author
Publication Date: January 8th 2012

Last month I had the pleasure of recieving a an e-mail request from Scarlet the author of this work of historical fiction and since it's one of my favourite genres I couldn't possibly say no.

I thought that the book was a lovely little piece and one that I thought was rather unique because it takes place in a finishing school in England. I personally haven't read anything like it before and for a historical fiction lover I thought that this was a delightful little surprise.

I really liked how it was written. The writing was light and easy to read and the  authors paid particular attention to details about the language and how people spioke at the time as well as the setting. Nothing bothers me more than when I read a book that is set in a different time period but the author uses modern speech, for me there is no quicker way to ruin a book than that.

What I loved most about the book is that the girls at the finishing school with Amelia all have a mischieveous  streak in them which I thought was great because as we all know Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. I thought that the fact that the girls were less than perfect was wonderful.

I really enjoyed this little novel and it's one that I would recommend to people who like historical fiction. It's a great story and I can't wait to read more in this series!

To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via B&N CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Book Depository CLICK HERE
To visit the author's website CLICK HERE
To "Like" the author on Facebook CLICK HERE
To follow the author on Twitter CLICK HERE


*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my free and honest review.
★ ★ ★ 1/2





3 comments:

  1. Kimberly,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed Finishing. Thank you so much for this lovely review.
    Scarlett
    http://scarlettrainssistersoftheheartsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a gifted writer, Scarlett! Hat's off for a fine review!

      Love,

      Nancy Jill

      Delete
  2. Ooh, looks like a good read. Great review as always, Kimberly. I love historical fiction. ..On my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!