Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves #1) by Vivian Arend

Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)

Summary:
Robyn Maxwell doesn't care that her brother has to cancel out on their backcountry ski trip. She can do it alone. The fact she's deaf doesn't make her survival skills any weaker. The chance to get away from it all and relax in the Yukon wilderness is just what she's been craving. Meeting wilderness guide Keil at the cabin starts cravings of another kind. Keil's one hot hunk of ripped, tasty male. Now she has to deal with raging hormones as well as strange questions about wolves and mates and challenges to the death. Keil was trying for a nice reflective retreat before challenging for the Alpha position of his Alaskan pack. He wasn't planning on meeting the woman destined to be his mate, or finding out she's not aware she has the genes of a wolf. Between dealing with his accident-prone younger brother, a deaf mate with an attitude and an impending duel to the death, his week--and his bed--is suddenly full. Far from the relaxing getaway any of them had in mind....
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 96 pages (e-book)
Source: Kindle Freebie
Publication Date: March 24th 2009 Samhain Publishing


A couple of weeks ago I was able to grab this one as a Kindle freebie and I was content enough to  let it just sit unread on my Kindle, then I saw a review on another blog and I figured what the heck I'll give it a try and so I did.

The book started off on a high note. I really liked Robyn because she wasn't afraid to speak her mind even though she's deaf she was definitely a strong female lead in the beginning but as the book progressed I hated the fact that she began to defer to Keil more and more, yet with others she'd be more of an alpha herself. I thought that part was a bit ridiculous but that's just me.

I found that the basic plot of the book was pretty good given that the book is less than 100 pages long. I liked it but as some readers may know I'm not overtly fond really short books or e-books. I like my books to be longer, my other issue with the book was that while I knew it might be a little steamy with the sex stuff I thought it was really awkward and forced as if the writer was uncomfortable writing about the sex scenes and that bugged me.

However, the book was pretty funny. There were plenty of parts where I had t chuckle because the author actually seems to have a pretty good sense of humour, but I wish she used it more. In the end though I actually thought this was a pretty good book. I've read better and I've certainly read worse. I wish the book dealt more with the shifting side and less of the sex side but I know I'll have to read the rest of the series like I'm planning to.

It's worth the read, it killed some time and it was better than I thought it would be. I think if you're a  fan of the genre and like these sorts of book then you should check this one out. It's worth it and I really recommend it :)

To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To visit the author's website CLICK HERE
To add the book to Goodreads CLICK HERE
To follow the author on Twitter CLICK HERE
To "Like" the author on Facebook CLICK HERE


★ ★ ★

1 comment:

  1. I also got Wolf Signs as an Amazon freebie. I do like reading books of this genre. Maybe I will like it. Thanks for your review. I now know kind of what to expect when I read it.

    Nancy @ The Avid Reader

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!