Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #37

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
Top Ten Things That Help Me Be A Better Blogger & Reader:
 
1. Mr. Turing the Pages
 
The man puts up with my reading addiction so well I just love him to pieces. He finances a lot of my giveaways, reads my blog posts, comments, and is always up for me talking about the book I'm reading. However he is slightly less inclined when it comes to Jaime Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. For some reason he isn't a fan of me having a book husband. He faithfully lugs my library books and my bookstore hauls to and from home on a thrice weekly basis and I love him for it. Without him there would be no Turning the Pages and my personal library would be a lot smaller. He is simply amazing and I definitely think he is my biggest asset as a reader and blogger because he's always available for me to talk. Plus having him read what I write makes me want to be a better blogger than ever.
So Babe,
Thank you for all you do. You're wonderful.
 
2. The Toronto Public Library
 
I got my first library card at 3 years old and still have it though I can't borrow books on it anymore. I remember the day I got it, I was with my dad and I really have him and my mom  to thank for starting me off as a reader. Without the library I think I would be a very close minded individual.
 
3.
 
 E-books
 
4.
 
Kindle/Kobo
 
5.
 
NetGalley
 
6.
 
Other book bloggers and authors.
 
7.
 
Goodreads
 
8.
 
 Used Bookstores
 
9.
 
Book Groups
 
10.
 
LibraryThing.
 
What's YOUR Top 10 Things That Make YOU A Better Blogger/Reader?
 
 

13 comments:

  1. That's so sweet baby. Im just glad i could make you happy. I love you. And in not jealous of Jamie lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it is so true. A supporting Mr. is such an important aspect to my reading/blogging life. It makes life so much easier when he understands that it's really important to me.

    I also included used books stores because I have no money but I NEED ALL THE BOOKS! =)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'm glad you have a supporting Mr. to help your blogging life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband made my list as well. :) He also does not approve of my book boyfriends. My main man is Warner from the Shatter Me series and every time I talk about him I get this look from him. I'm sure you know what look I'm talking about... Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, so sweet that your #1 is your Mr.! At least you talk about your book boyfriends in front of him -- I never bring up Jamie Fraser around the house, I don't think my husband would understand the depth of my feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, the Public Library is the best. How can anyone answer this question without including the library?! And I love Goodreads so much. I don't know how I survived without it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky girl to have such an understanding Mr. Turning the Pages. Mr. Rantings of a Reading Addict is not as encouraging. In fact, you could even say he was jealous of my books, let's not even mention book boyfriends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that Mr. Turning the Pages is involved! My husband checks on my blog occasionally and I do appreciate it. And I agree public libraries are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list, especially number 1. You're a lucky lady; hang on to that one!

    As for me, I should totally have put Mr. Bookwyrm on my list! He picks up library books for me sometimes, doesn't complain about the time I spend on the blog, and while he doesn't usually read the blog, he's very supportive of my reading habit in general as well as my blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I <3 your blog. YOU are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I'm glad you have a supporting Mr. to help your blogging life!
    model jilbab model rumah musik klasik obat gatal

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!