Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday 56 #36


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56 

 Rules:
 
 *Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it
 
The Harlequin (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #15)
 
Summary:
 
Anita Blake is about to face the challenge of her life. Into her world-a world already overflowing with power-have come creatures so feared that powerful, centuries-old vampires refuse to mention their names. It is forbidden to speak of The Harlequin unless you've been contacted. And to be contacted by The Harlequin is to be under sentence of death.

Long-time rivals for Anita's affections, Jean-Claude, Master Vampire of the City, and Richard, alpha-werewolf, will need to become allies. Shapeshifters Nathaniel and Micah will have to step up their support. And then there's Edward. In this situation, Anita knows that she needs to call the one man who has always been there for her...
  
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 432 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: June 5th 2007 by Berkley Hardcover (first published 2002)            
 
 
 Pg. 356
 
Detective Smith walked up beside me. He was rubbing his arms, as if he were cold. It was December, but it wasn't that kind of cold. Smith was psychically gifted, no specific ability that I knew of, but he sensed lycanthropes and otherworldly stuff. Standing out here with an arguing werewolf had probably not been comfy for him, but Smith as a good sport.
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

2 comments:

  1. You had me at Lycan... LOL
    Happy weekend!
    (I added you to the Linky)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite being told for years that I need to read one of Hamilton's books I've never tried her. I love the excerpt! Funny without being silly. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!