Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, January 13, 2017

Feature & Follow #31


The Feature & Follow is a Friday meme hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. The idea is very simple as it name explains it itself, is about to follow and meet new bloggers. Follow for Follow and comments for comments.

This Week's Prompt Is:
Best and worst reads for 2016.
Which would you recommend, which would you not?


Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga, #1)

Summary:

Firekeeper only vaguely remembers a time when she didn't live with her "family," a pack of "royal wolves"-bigger, stronger, and smarter than normal wolves. Now her pack leaders are sending her back to live among the humans, as they promised her mother years ago.

Some of the humans think she may be the lost heir to their throne. This could be good-and it could be very, very dangerous. In the months to come, learning to behave like a human will turn out to be more complicated than she'd ever imagined.

But though human ways might be stranger than anything found in the forest, the infighting in the human's pack is nothing Firekeeper hasn't seen before. That, she understands just fine. She's not your standard-issue princess-and this is not your standard-issue fairy tale.
 

Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 579 pages (Paperback)
Series: FireKeeper Saga
Genre: Fantasy
Publication Date: June 17th 2002 by Tor Fantasy (first published August 18th 2001)
Add To Goodreads

This one had been sitting on my bookcase for years and I went through a big reading slump in the summer and this is what got me out of it. The story of wolves and a feral child set in a land wear magic is looked on with fear? How could I not love this? The writing and story were so intense and beautifully written I read the second book just as quick. Now I have to read the rest of the series. I'd recommend this to all fans of fantasy. It's 16 years old but very awesome.

The Autumnlands, Vol. 1: Tooth and Claw

Summary:

The debut collection of the hit epic-fantasy series. When the wizards of the Autumnlands reach through time to bring back a legendary hero, they don't get the savior they expected. But in a shattered, besieged city, he's their only hope of survival—and possibly their entire world's, as well.
Collects THE AUTUMNLANDS: TOOTH & CLAW #1-6

Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 184 pages (Paperback)
Series: The Autumnlands
Genre: Graphic Novel - Fantasy
Publication Date: June 9th 2015 by Image Comics
Add to Goodreads

I don't know why this one was such a miss for me. I loved the artwork and I'm usually such a sucker for fantasy especially epic fantasy told in comic form. This one's story just didn't work for me, I found it to be jumbled and chaotic and not in the fun way of not knowing what was going to happen next I was lost from the get go. Can't win 'em all but this one definitely wasn't for me and isn't one I can say I would recommend.

Follow Me By: 

Follow on Bloglovin
 and

3 comments:

  1. Two totally new to me ones! Nice picks!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Through Wolf's Eyes has an amazing cover. Sorry to hear the Autumns Land wasn't your cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!